Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Timberson Legacy: Chapter 15

Screenshot-1224

Oops, I forgot someone’s birthday. He looks the same though.

Screenshot-1225

I began to dream about love. I thought about my wedding with Vaughn- A beautiful white dress with a nice outdoor venue and everyone in Riverview invited. I decided to propose to him the next day.

Screenshot-1229 

“So I graduated high school,” I began to tell him.

“Well, that’s nice, I graduated a while back. And what happened to your hair? It’s straight now!” He didn’t get it.

“This means we could move further in our relationship…” I told him, hoping he’d get the hint.

“Yeah, now we’ve been together for a couple of years.” He still didn’t get it.

“Yeah, maybe we could send holiday cards or something,” I said, beating around the bushes, “or, we could get engaged.” I pulled the ring out of my pocket.

“How many karats is that- I mean how marvelous!” something tells me he knew our family was rich. “This is great! We could move into a smart house, no a smart mansion! We could honeymoon in Champs Les Sims!”

Uh no you’re not. I’m not risking this file.

Suddenly I was liking the idea of a small wedding.

Screenshot-1231

“Oh, you got a job as an athlete? I’m so proud! My daughters? Oh yeah, they’re unemployed.”

Dad was starting to get annoying. Just because neither Candace or I got jobs yet didn’t mean we were unemployed. We just didn’t know what we wanted to do with our lives.

Screenshot-1237

The next day, I saw Corey make a call. Apparently, he got a job in the Science career. Was he just trying to look like the golden child, because Dad disliked him as a kid?

Screenshot-1239

As I was trying to find guys, I realized how fun it was to mingle. It was nice asking other people about their hobbies and learning about their lives. Maybe I could be a journalist. That way, I could also teach people about the eight things in your refrigerator that could kill you, and I could be famous.

Screenshot-1242

Since it looked like Vaughn wanted a large wedding, and it looked like he was going to be a gold digger, I decided to elope.

Screenshot-1246

And this is what he looks like. Robert Pattison much?

Screenshot-1249

Vaughn and I soon got to my room to celebrate.

Screenshot-1252 

The next morning, I got dressed to go to work. I was worried. I thought I signed up for a career in journalism, not paper-girling. Besides, wouldn’t the uniform be a bit more, flattering?

Screenshot-1253 

While I was going to the car, I saw Candace in sweats. Ever since we were kids, she’s been wearing dresses, skirts, heels, and make-up. I’ve never seen her in sweats.

Screenshot-1254

 Oh. That explains it. I would love to hear how that conversation turned out, but the car soon began to drive.

Screenshot-1255

“…..And now you’re going to be a grandpa!” I finished saying.

“Wait, when were you engaged? When did you marry? Is this that Vaughn fellow you broke up with a few years ago?” he was puzzled. Then I remembered: I never told him about the engagement.

“Yes, dad, it is that Vaughn fellow. We engaged last week. We got married yesterda-”

“You didn’t invite me to your wedding?” he looked crushed.

“You were at work!” I yelled.

“You couldn’t plan around that?” Dad gave me the look he gives Corey: sheer disappointment.

“We were in love! We wanted a small wedding. It was just us!” I tried to defend myself.

“…So, you’re on maternity leave before you even started your job?” He asked me.

“What job? I still don’t know what I want to be,” I shrugged.

Screenshot-1260 

“Cassie? I have to tell you something: I’m pre-” I announced.

“-gnant,” she finished for me. How did she know?

“Gee, Cass, I know twins finish each other’s sentences, but I’m sure that this is, like, major creepy,” I said, freaked out.

“Well, I overheard you telling Dad while I was going to work. Totally not creepy,” she said.

Screenshot-1265

I’m getting bigger by the day. Am I holding triplets or something?

Screenshot-1268

Apparently not. Meet Daria Timberson!

Screenshot-1274 Grandpa was delighted to have a great-granddaughter.

 

Screenshot-1276 

Once I gave birth, I went back into my normal wardrobe. It’s amazing how fast us Timberson women go back into our figures after childbirth.

Thank the game, not your genes. :P

Screenshot-1277

Alice sometimes would babysit Daria for us. I wasn’t really crazy about the idea- a ghost babysitting her great-granddaughter was unheard of. This would probably give poor Daria nightmares.

Screenshot-1280

Was I late in the game, if my sister already was a mom? Was it bad if I still needed to find a guy? Is it even worse that I went after the first single guy my age?

Nikolas McGee was his name. It wasn’t love at first sight-it was desperation.

Screenshot-1281

Especially after Daria was born. It felt like someone just started a stopwatch, telling me to hurry up, before I “turn 30, get all wrinkly, and turn into a nasty cougar”. This voice sounded a lot like my sister.

Screenshot-1282 And speaking of birthdays…

Screenshot-1283Screenshot-1286

Screenshot-1287

Screenshot-1289

Amanda is now an elder.

  Screenshot-1291

After the party, I went back to watching Daria. She felt like what made me down-to-Earth, and I didn’t want to show my Dad that he was right about me being spoiled. And I got a job in the musical career!Screenshot-1290 After the party, I had to call Nikolas. I felt like everyone was getting old, and I didn’t want to become old and single. Getting a date was hard enough being in my twenties. Screenshot-1292

“So, Nikolas, people say you call yourself “Riverview’s most romantic Sim”. Is this true? Can I see some proof?” I asked. I said I was doing a special on relationships. What? Sunset Valley/Riverview news are a relationship.

“What? Where’d you hear that? I only moved here a few weeks ago.” Nikolas answered, uneasily. Uh oh, my plan wasn’t working.

“Oh, you’re not Nikolas… uh, Wilson? Oh, what a shame. You could go now. I might as well reschedule with the Bistro, and…” I rambled, trying to make him regret what he said.

“Oh a date? Then yeah, I guess I can be the most romantic Sim in Riverview. This night, anyway.” Nikolas said, caving in. Yes! I got a date!

Screenshot-1293

“So, do you wanna go somewhere private? Or is this room fine for you?” I said, flirtatiously. I didn’t wanna scare off my new date.

“Uh, I’m kinda tired now, so I wanna stop.” Nikolas said. What a bore! It’s was only 4:10 and the guy already started whining! Screenshot-1294 And now it’s time for Daria’s birthday!

Screenshot-1295

Here’s how she looks as a toddler. Adorable, y/n?Screenshot-1296 Daria started a musical hobby quickly.Screenshot-1297 I babysat Daria a lot. I didn’t necessarily like kids, but I realized that I might end up old and single, and Daria would be my last chance at motherhood.

Screenshot-1298

Alice seemed to hint some cooking tips into her daily lessons.

Screenshot-1300

I have to admit, sometimes, Daria seemed like a bundle of chores, not a bundle of joy.

Screenshot-1301 

I’d just tell Vaughn “I think you should be more active in Daria’s life” whenever I need a break.

Screenshot-1302

But eventually, Daria and I would share our non-diaper-duty moments.

Screenshot-1304

And here’s a picture of Amanda painting a portrait. Screenshot-1306 Brighton showed some care for his granddaughter, too.Screenshot-1307He even fed her and waited there, instead of leaving, like others would.

Screenshot-1309 Cleaning, on the other hand…

Screenshot-1311In the mean time, Alice met up with Aunt Bijou. It turns out she was pregnant!

Screenshot-1314While Brighton was on diaper duty, he got a text from Grandma telling him to go see Bijou. Dad quickly drove, and met up with his sister. He knew she was going to have a girl.

Screenshot-1317Things still weren’t going that well for me. We were still awkward together, while Vaughn and Candace looked like couple of the year.

Screenshot-1320Speaking of Candace personal life, it was already Daria’s birthday. Why was time going so fast? Was someone controlling it? Could I tell this controller to find me a husband, or to slow down my clock?

Screenshot-1325 And this is what Daria looks like. Isn’t she adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment