Friday, April 2, 2010

The Timberson Legacy- Chapter 8

Previously, Brighton fell in love, and Barbie gave birth to a boy, but her and Elisha aren’t the world’s greatest parents. Will this make them move out?

Screenshot-505

Carter would play on the xylophone by himself, because his parents were always at work. His only audience were his stuffed animals. 

-Screenshot-506 He would often sleep as he tried staying up, waiting for his parents to come home from work.

Screenshot-514They would often wake him up from his sleep, just to hug him at 3 in the morning. 

Screenshot-513 

“Don’t worry little one,” Barbie would say, “Things will become better once I become a famous athlete.”

Screenshot-515Later, it was Carter’s birthday. How he’s going to grow up, I have no idea, especially with parental neglect.Screenshot-519 Screenshot-521“So, it’s a deal?” I overheard Barbie tell Elisha one day, as she closed the laptop.

“Yeah, just let me finish this book.” He told her.

I wonder what they were talking about. Were they going to make a big decision? I guess I had to confront them.

Screenshot-522

“Honey, how are you?” I asked.

“Oh, good. Work’s going fine, I’m happy, we’re going to move…”

“Well, that’s ni- wait, you’re going to move?”

“Yeah, it’s too crowded here. Besides, you were upset at my parenting styles.”

“What? no I wasn’t.”

Screenshot-489

“I have to work out! I have to look good, to get my beach body back! I need a promotion!” she exclaimed while exercising.

“But, sweetie, there aren’t any beaches here in Riverview. We’re landlocked, remember? Besides, you already have a man. Shouldn’t you look after Carter?” I could tell she wasn’t going to be the best mom.

“Well, then what are you guys here for? Isn’t that the grandparents job?”

Screenshot-522

“Okay, so maybe I was a bit harsh, but really, I don’t want you to move.”

“Well, maybe I want to move,” she said. Those words hit me.

I couldn’t believe she was going to move. It seemed like yesterday I had her, and I was getting promotions to make her life better. I wrote novels and Billy painted, so she wouldn’t be poor. We had Bijou so she could have a friend. Now, all of a sudden, she’s moving?

Screenshot-523 “Well, goodbye,” she said as she opened the door, and the three of them left. I wondered if I ever would see any of them again. My first daughter, my first in-law, my first grandson, all three of them gone?!?

Screenshot-524“Billy, I need a hug,” I said.

“Why, what happened, did you find out Crimson dies?” he asked.

“No, Barbie moved out, wait Crimson dies? This day just gets better and better. Anyway, Barbie moved out, because she thought it was too crowded in the house.”

“Honey, it’s not the end of the world. We could still visit them.”

Screenshot-527 The next day, I decided to visit her.

“Hey mom! What are you doing here?” she greeted me.

“Oh, I had a day off, so I decided to go jogging around town. I miss you.”

“It’s only been a couple of hours. I’m about to go to work though, so tell me anything important now.”

“Well, Bijou’s having a birthday party in a few days, and I wanted to invite you.”

“Hmm… I might have a game, but if I’m free I guess I could show up.” she said, boringly.

Honestly, you left the house for one day, and you might not even go to your sister’s birthday? Why are you distancing yourself from this family?

Screenshot-534 Pretty soon, it was Bijou’s birthday. Time was flying.

Screenshot-537

And this is how she looked in CAS.

Screenshot-538

Full-Body picture time!

Screenshot-540

Bijou loved playing her guitar. Now that she was old enough, she could pursue her dream of being a hit movie composer. Screenshot-542One day, Brighton’s friend Lonnie came over. He said that he was going to move to Sunset Valley with his parents.

“What!?! No! You’re my best friend, dude! You should totally move in with us!” Brighton protested.

“Well, if your parents are okay with it, I guess I could stay.” Lonnie said.

Screenshot-543

“Yeah, sure. I’ll just ask my Dad.” Brighton said.

Screenshot-544 “And then you and Bijou can marry each other!” Brighton said.

“What? How did you know about my crush on Bijou?” Lonnie said, while blushing.

Screenshot-546 “I’m Family-Oriented. I know these kinds of things. Besides, you two would make a nice couple,” said Brighton.

Screenshot-548

“Dad? Can Lonnie move in with us?” Brighton asked Billy as soon as he came home from work.

“Sure! Lonnie, you know the house rules. And don’t forget, if you hurt Bijou, I will hurt you twice as much,” Billy said, in a paternal role.

“Dad? Were you listening in on us from outside?” Brighton asked.

“No, I’m Family Oriented. I know these kinds of things,” Billy said. Screenshot-549 Lonnie was amused at Brighton’s and Billy’s closeness. He knew he would belong. No more painful nights home alone, while his parents were away.

Screenshot-550

Later that night, Lonnie already grew up! That meant that he started flirting with Bijou…

Screenshot-557And he got closer…

Screenshot-551

Screenshot-552And closer. This means that Bijou soon… Screenshot-553 proposed to Lonnie. All in one night, too.

Screenshot-554 “I know that we just started our relationship tonight, but I can’t help but feel that we’re meant for each other…” Bijou said.

Screenshot-555“Yes! Of course! I thought you would never notice!” Lonnie said. I’m hoping that he gets more rational during their marriage.

Screenshot-556

And they were engaged. In the nursery. o.OScreenshot-558You could tell both wanted to start their own families.  Screenshot-559The next day was already Bijou’s wedding! I couldn’t help but feel older. 

Screenshot-564

Their small wedding started in the afternoon. Screenshot-566They gazed deeply into each other’s eyes. 

Screenshot-569They exchanged their vows. Screenshot-571And that was that! Two thirds of my kids were married. 

Screenshot-573

Bijou decided to change her outfit to something more practical. She could barely move through the door in her original dress! Screenshot-574She performed at her own wedding. If that’s not dedicated, I don’t know what is. 

Screenshot-575The 5 of us had dinner that night. I wondered if Bijou would try moving out, too. 

Screenshot-576

Lonnie and Bijou left dinner early. I wonder what those two newlyweds could POSSIBLY be up too. Screenshot-580Bijou went to the supermarket at the middle of the night so nobody would see her there. Was she going to buy a pregnancy test?

Screenshot-582

Although I couldn’t get a definite answer for that, I woke up and saw Bijou eating ice cream. Her figure was bigger. I know she’s a couch potato, but she always knew when to stop eating junk food. Was she pregnant?

Screenshot-586It appeared so! The next day, while she went to the supermarket to buy another test, her bump showed even more. 

Screenshot-587Bijou had a quick pregnancy. She already had to go to the hospital.

Sadly, the next event was unfortunate. Oh, how I wish I could turn back time, so this wouldn’t happen. The things I would do…

Screenshot-589

….I became an elder.

Don’t worry, this isn’t her custom hair, though.

Screenshot-592

I decided to retire from my job. I guess this is one of the perks of age. Oh sure, I have wrinkles and gray hair, but elderhood can’t be that bad, right? I could take care of my grandkids, and enjoy life. I also decided to buy the place out, so my descendents will remember me, too.

Screenshot-594The next day while drinking coffee, I remembered something: Isn’t it Billy’s birthday, too? I immediately checked the calendar, and it was true. “Once I finish this cup of coffee, I’ll plan him a party,” I thought to myself.

Screenshot-602 His party went by well.

Screenshot-603And this is how he looks.

Screenshot-606 He went to retire too. He must’ve felt sad. He loved to perform with his band. But he wanted to spend more time with me, and it was his choice, so it couldn’t be all that bad.

Screenshot-610 With all this growing up, I forgot to tell you about the baby, didn’t I? Her name’s Carrie.

Screenshot-613 Pretty soon, it was Carrie’s birthday. Bijou had other things on her mind.

Screenshot-618This is what she looked like. She looks like Bijou a lot.

Screenshot-621 Looks like Bijou truly is Barbie’s sister. Poor Carrie, innocent as Carter, but ignored just like him.Screenshot-625 The next day, I overheard Bijou and Lonnie talking while I changed Carrie’s diaper:

“Honey, I have good news,” Bijou said.

“What is it?” he said eagerly.

“I’m pregnant!” she whispered to him.

“Cool! Wait, why are you whispering?” he yelled, then whispered .

“I want it to be a surprise,” she told him.

Well, it was surprising. After not taking care of Carrie, she’s having another child?

Screenshot-631At least she knew how to occupy herself.

Screenshot-634

I decided to confront her about it:

“Bijou, did you gain weight again?” I asked her.

“No, I haven’t watched TV in days!” she told me.

“Then what happened?” I asked, “You used to be thin.”

“Nothing happened,” she tried to tell me.

“Stop playing dumb. I know you’re pregnant. I overheard you talking to Lonnie before.”

“Well, why would it be such a big deal? I thought you loved grandkids.”

“I love them. I don’t love that they keep on getting ignored, though.”

She got angry and left the room. I hope she wouldn’t move out, too.

Screenshot-636 “…And that’s when grandma said she loves her grandkids, no matter where they are.”

She was reading to Carrie to prove me wrong. It was painfully obvious.

 Screenshot-646 And in other news, Brighton aged up. With all this baby drama going on, we forgot to throw him a party.

Screenshot-647 Screenshot-649 And this is what he looks like. He’s the first normal looking guy Sim I’ve seen. My previous Sim-family, the Arachians, had Alex, the founder looking bad, and three kids, Blake, Brad, and Brandon, who all looked like him in different skin tones. His lifetime wish is to become a grandmaster in chess.

With Barbie gone, Alice and Billy old, Bijou pregnant and with a kid(and married), and Brighton a young adult, what will happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment