Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Timberson Legacy: Chapter 17

Screenshot-1440I eventually told Cassie about Billy. She didn’t take it well. She would be fine around Devon, but once she got out of that room, she was all tears.

Screenshot-1442

Daria didn’t handle it very well, either. She was still sobbing at her own birthday party.

Screenshot-1446 And this is what she looks like as a teen.

Screenshot-1456

The next day, it was Devon’s birthday. My nephew was growing up quickly.

Screenshot-1458 Aand I forgot to take pictures. He looks the same though.

Screenshot-1464I was still thinking about marrying Nikolas. With Grandpa Billy out of the house, I think it’s right to marry Nikolas. It’s what he would want.

Screenshot-1465 Besides, what if I go next? Devon needs a parent around, even if he has grandparents, a cousin, and an aunt and uncle.

Screenshot-1466I still couldn’t get over Billy’s death. Even if he was closer with Cassie, I still found it saddening. Vaughn often comforted me in this time, though.

Screenshot-1468Painting didn’t help me get over Billy’s death. It usually helps me clear my head out, but it wasn’t working this time. I couldn’t even finish this painting without thinking of him.

Screenshot-1470 Daria sometimes played chess with Vaughn. They talked about art and famous paintings, especially ones painted by Billy.

Screenshot-1472One day, while I was at work, Brighton was playing computer games. He then smelled something smoking and turned around- it was the stereo! He extinguished it, seeing as he was brave, and even replaced the stereo.

Screenshot-1475Mom began painting Vaughn’s portrait. She wanted him to be in his uniform so he could look intelligent.

Screenshot-1476 One day, I went over to visit Nikolas, and I decided to invite him over…

Screenshot-1479 So we could get married. We did it quietly, though. We didn’t want to disrupt Daria’s studying. Gosh, I had enough of her snarkiness.

 Screenshot-1480 Screenshot-1481 I hope I did the right thing by marrying Nikolas. I didn’t want anyone to think I was irresponsible, but I didn’t want to marry Nikolas out of fear, too.

Screenshot-1483 And here’s a belated father-son bonding moment.Screenshot-1484 And here’s some belated Grandfather-in-law-Son-in-law bonding.Screenshot-1485 Here’s Candace after a makeover.

Screenshot-1493

And here’s Amanda after a makeover.

Screenshot-1486 And here’s Daria post-makeover. Screenshot-1487 “Your wife told me all about you when I was around 7…” said Daria to Nikolas one day. I freaked out. Was she going to tell him about Devon, Amanda Jr., and Amando?

“Oh, yeah. I felt horrible about that. But we’re happily married now, and that’s all that counts.” Nikolas said, in a perky tone.

“Hmm… okay… that’s good enough… for now…” Daria mysteriously mumbled. What was that girl up to? I should just be happy that she cared a lot about me. That, or she was trying to go into a talk show. Let’s hope it’s the first one.

Screenshot-1497

Devon didn’t care about what others said about him, however. He just knew he was different, but he didn’t know how. He just wanted to be happy and accepted. I was happy my child was being raised with strong personal values. Screenshot-1500 And here’s Bijou and the Gang’s House. (No really. After her kids, Chelsea and Carrie grew up, the four of them just moved into another house, had Alysia, a girl, and now Chelsea and Carrie are living with their boyfriends. Something tells me they have a back up legacy going on over there…)Screenshot-1502 And here’s little Alysia. She reminds me of my cousin. Screenshot-1508 “Remember, don’t keep your windows open at night, when you sleep. There could always be burglars!” Brighton loved telling the facts of life to his relatives. Screenshot-1509 And here’s Devon rubbing Chelsea’s or Carrie’s belly. Yeah, she’s pregnant.

Screenshot-1511 Daria was already thinking about babies. Who she’d have them with, their names, their hobbies, and so on. She had reoccurring nightmares of being a single mother. I wanted to yell at Candace for planting those thoughts in her head. I wasn’t alone, I had a family that supported me, and I was engaged anyway. Besides, Daria’s richer than I was, so she’ll be more financially stable to have a family on her own.

Screenshot-1512

Screenshot-1513 Screenshot-1514 Daria would wake up early to put on her makeup, cover up, acne scrubs, eyeliner, lipstick, and so on. It’s like she ran the black market of makeup under her bed, or something. Seriously. She’d wake up around 3 or 4, and still be talking about running out of time for make up.

Screenshot-1515

And here’s Alysia.

Screenshot-1516

Amanda took over the house’s portrait needs.

Screenshot-1518 Screenshot-1519 Screenshot-1520

Birthday time. On a side note, am I the only one who hates the young adult/adult transition? Am I supposed to be happy my Sims get wrinkles?

Screenshot-1521

And here’s Sharon, Carrie’s/Chelsea’s daughter. Hurray for parental neglect.

Screenshot-1523

Yeah, sure. Take care of her near the guests. I see how it is. And WHO IS THAT GUY IN THE BACKGROUND?! I don’t remember her boyfriend/baby daddy being that old.

Screenshot-1524 “Hi Auntie Barbie!” I greeted my aunt happily. “Do you want to know what your Grand-Nephew is up to?”

Screenshot-1526

I also bonded with my aunt Bijou. We were both interested in music.

Screenshot-1528 Unfortunately, everyone’s mingling was disrupted by Aunt Barbie’s death.

Screenshot-1529

The whole library was disrupted by this loss. The Grim Reaper seemed amused by this.

Screenshot-1530

“Oh, it’s okay, you’ll get through this…” Cassie said, trying to console everyone. Some people thought her work uniform(A trench coat and a hat) made her look like a thief. Screenshot-1531 I tried getting through these tough times with a drink.

Oh, shut up, Candace! In that case, picking out your wardrobe for the morning is a ‘tough time’.

Hey, Cassie, I’m a musician. We all drink a lot. It’s like an unwritten law.

Screenshot-1533

Brighton decided to buy out the hospital he worked at.

Screenshot-1535 Cassie still wasn’t over Barbie’s death.

Screenshot-1536 And here’s Daria having a sleepover at her distant relative’s house. She’s a Simovitch, which means she’s from Amanda’s side of the family, but they’re even more confusing then Carrie, Chelsea, and the rest.

Screenshot-1543 She had some guy friends too, though. Once she went out on a date. One of her friends’ cousins’ half-brother suggested the two go out together. Daria said yes, seeing as she had nothing better to do.

Screenshot-1546 His name was Erich Yu. Daria wore her best dress to impress Erich and she started to talk about how his name rhymed with the word ‘blue’.

Screenshot-1548 “So, are you single? I am. Wanna hang out more?” Daria said in a collective tone. I was worried that her know-it-all-ness was starting to get a bit in-your-face-ish.Screenshot-1547 “I’m ready for kids, too. Are you?” Daria blurted out. She must’ve got her interview skills from her aunt. I’ve never seen Daria, who was always witty, so nervous. She must’ve really like him.Screenshot-1552 Why is Cassie freaking out?Screenshot-1551 She’s no longer a Young Adult. Screenshot-1554Screenshot-1555Hey, at least you still look nice. Screenshot-1557 Vaughn also had his birthday.

Screenshot-1559 At least Candace is happy about becoming an adult.

Screenshot-1560Screenshot-1563

Meanwhile, Daria compared Erich to a trophy.

 Screenshot-1565

And she talked to him about her workouts. The girl was scrawny and weak, and she constantly sat out at gym. Do these two even go to the same school? Screenshot-1561   But Erich and her loved each other, and that’s what counts… I guess.

Screenshot-1566

And Alice said Goodbye, because she wanted to be with Billy. She felt the house was getting crowded, too.

Screenshot-1573 I decided that if I wanted to boost my ratings, I needed to ditch my punk-goth look and put on a more mature image. I wasn’t in my 20’s, after all.

Screenshot-1576 And after a relatively boring childhood, Devon grew up into a teen.Screenshot-1580 Hey, Cassie, we think EA’s glitches are trash, too.Screenshot-1582And this is how teen Devon looks. He reminds me a lot of Corey. He has blonde-ish highlights.

Will Daria find true love? Will things change without the Timberson matriarch? How will Devon’s teen-hood be? Find out in the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment