Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Timberson Legacy: Chapter 19

Screenshot-1799 I liked to plant, and began the Timberson garden.

Screenshot-1798Daphne would love to sleep. She was so quiet, but there was something… creepy about her.

Screenshot-1804Luckily, I didn’t really have to babysit her, since I was always with Erich. We went to the garden frequently.

Screenshot-1815Aunt Cassie taught Daphne to walk, while she was out on maternity leave.

Screenshot-1819Since it was almost Dad’s birthday, dad began to, um, find new ways to deal with a midlife crisis.

Screenshot-1821Devon was often being rude to my mom and I. I tried to have conversations with my mom while I read, and he rudely played video games. In between us. And on top of that, he didn’t take care of his sister, Daphne, until I told him.

“Devon, shouldn’t you be taking care of Daphne more?” I asked.

“This house is full! Someone else could take care of her!” Ugh, he had a point.

“Well, I’m reading a book, your mom’s working on an article, Dad’s well, in a midlife crisis, your dad’s doing police work, and Candace is, um, watching a reunion special. Besides, we shouldn’t have to take care of your sister.” I said. I was tired of putting up with that lazy and immature kid. I hope that he learns about how to take care of children before he grows up. His future family is going to be in so much trouble.

Screenshot-1823Nikolas should’ve teach Devon how to babysit. Seriously. My uncle would check up on Daphne so much, the nursery practically became his second bedroom.Screenshot-1826

Daphne loved all the attention, though. It didn’t stop her from playing with dolls.

Screenshot-1827 She always went into her toy box, pulled a toy out, played with it for a few minutes, then she moved on.Screenshot-1830 Then she’d walk out of the room, trying to find an adult to scream to. Throwing tantrums was Daphne’s hobby.Screenshot-1833Screenshot-1834 “Mama.. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Daphne started screaming in a shrill tone.

“Hush sweetie, Mama’s hungry right now.” Cassie said. Daphne pouted her lip, and looked as if she was about to cry. Cassie gave into her act a lot.

I’d always catch Cassie holding Daphne throughout the day.  Seeing Daphne being spoiled so much annoyed me.Screenshot-1845

She took her to the library and read to her to “Ensure a proper development for a happy and healthy Sim”. Sheesh. When I was growing up, Mom just turned the channel to reruns of Silver Sims while she took a nap. I learned everything I needed to know from those reruns, and I’m doing pretty well.

Screenshot-1849

Screenshot-1850Screenshot-1852 Screenshot-1853   Fortunately, Dad put Daphne in her place a lot. Although I’m not sure how a middle aged man stealing candy from a 3 year old is justified.

Screenshot-1854 The brat would cry for hours if she was left alone. Somebody needs a timeout.

Screenshot-1862“MOMMYYYY!” Daphne would scream for Cassie all the time. The pharmacy became rich because of all the headache medicines and pills we bought.

Screenshot-1864 Cassie was at work, so we had to call her during commercials to tell her to take care of Daphne. Personally, I wanted to add “Take care of your daughter by changing her diaper, not reading to her!” to the call, but I don’t think Cassie deserved all the blame. Daphne was just… clingy. Luckily, the studio changed the regular news program to a natural disaster coverage, so Cassie could come home early.Screenshot-1865 Candace just stood there, tapping her foot, because of how out of hand Daphne’s high maintenance situation became.Screenshot-1870 But luckily, it was time for Daphne to grow up. No more designer diapers or bedazzled baby toys being everywhere. It’s hard to watch Riverview’s Funniest Home Videos with those hidden camera videos of a snobby tween singing pop songs in an over the top costume, knowing that that might be a truth in this house, 10 years from now. Screenshot-1875 The whole house came to celebrate.Screenshot-1890And here’s how she looks, post makeover. Screenshot-1891She kept her habit of expensive, designer clothes to match her new trait: Snobby.

Screenshot-1893 And Dad still trained that Lorena chick.  Screenshot-1899 Daphne quickly got her own room. She spent hours looking in the mirror.

Screenshot-1906 To avoid dealing with bratty Daphne, I went out of the house a lot, to date Erich. Every time I leaped into his arms, everything became better.

Screenshot-1908 “Hey Dad. I should compete in those child beauty pageant shows so we could get a lot of money!” Daphne would say to her father, Nikolas. She only cared about fame, and herself.Screenshot-1892Cassie seemed to think Devon was the problem child, though.

“Is gardening the only thing important in your life, Devon?” Cassie asked Devon, countless times. “You really need a back up plan, just incase if your first one doesn’t work out.”

“Ugh. Mom! You don’t understand at all. I like to do other things, besides gardening.” Devon said. I agree with Devon on this one. As a Green Thumb myself, gardening shows that you could care for something.

Screenshot-1898

Mom often was watching the Cooking Channel. She had nothing better to do. She reminds me of a housewife who doesn’t cook or clean.

Screenshot-1917

Grandpa Brighton still was relatively active for being a grandpa. He often extinguished fires, being the brave Sim that he was.

Screenshot-1922Aunt Cassie and Uncle Nikolas went out some days. They went out more than Mom and Dad. They talked about things like art on their dates.

Screenshot-1923And one day, Devon found our uncle, Corey. I’m not that shocked, seeing as both of them are the laughingstocks of the Timbersons. Devon’s probably going to move in with Corey. Mom can’t stand him. Both of them are the outdoorsy type, too, so they’ll get along.

Screenshot-1925Daphne apparently had dreams of being a world famous writer. Maybe she heard that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Screenshot-1931I usually shared my problems with the plants. It wasn’t really as weird as I make it sound; I just vented while I gardened. I mean, I couldn’t talk to Mom or Dad or Grandpa about how I found Daphne creepy. They’d kick me out if I told them what I thought of their 7 year old ‘precious angel’.

Screenshot-1932 And it looks like Grandpa was telling Mom about the inevitable.

Screenshot-1938Parenting and being a journalist probably exhausted Cassie. One day, I saw her passed out while I was going to my room.

Screenshot-1939And passing out was just the beginning. It seems like poor Cassie is going to crack any moment.

Screenshot-1940Devon often reminded his younger sister Daphne the importance of going to school. Daphne just nodded but never really paid attention.

Screenshot-1948 Devon talked to his Dad about his goals in life. He wanted to own the super market, or at least become a partner, so he could donate excess food to the poor. Wow. I never realized how Devon could actually be deep and not just one dimensional, for his personality. Maybe he isn’t that bad, after all.Screenshot-1949 Why is Vaughn looking pensive?Screenshot-1952 Birthday time.

Screenshot-1954

Not too bad, right?

Screenshot-1966Screenshot-1967

And Devon becomes a Young Adult, too.

Screenshot-1969   Screenshot-1968

 Screenshot-1971 And his traits are Family Oriented, Loves The Outdoors, Athletic, Lucky, and Clumsy.

Screenshot-1972

With Vaughn becoming an Elder, Devon becoming a Young Adult, and Daphne becoming pure evil a snobby brat, what will this bring to the Timberson house?

No comments:

Post a Comment