Friday, July 9, 2010

The Timberson Legacy: Chapter 18

Screenshot-1590

Daria and Erich continued to flirt….

Screenshot-1588

….and flirt…

 Screenshot-1586

…and kiss. They reminded me of Vaughn and I when we first dated.

Screenshot-1602Lately, though, my life wasn’t going by great. Vaughn was almost always performing surgeries, and my band was on a hiatus. I resorted to other methods for feeling good.

Screenshot-1603 I just danced a lot of the time.

Screenshot-1607Devon ran daily. He wanted to be thin, not muscular. I think I had that feeling in my heart that Dad did about Corey…

Screenshot-1608 Daria continued to meet Erich. I began to have strange feelings about him, because he wore jackets to the pool. Seriously?

Screenshot-1613 I got a makeover to look more mature, even if my hair was in a ponytail.

Screenshot-1622 Screenshot-1623You could tell Vaughn was getting annoyed with his mother-in-law. He was tired of her perfectionist ways, and she was tired of him not making the bed. With her being a kleptomaniac and working with criminals, you’d think she’d stop getting so scared of Evil Sims.

Screenshot-1628 And one night a burglar came….

Screenshot-1629 …And got into a fight…

Screenshot-1631 ….And then ran away as soon as he could.

Screenshot-1634“Nikolas did a good job at calling his co-policemen! He sure sent that burglar running!” I bragged to Candace.

“Suure, Cass,” Candace rolled her eyes, “Just remember, it was Vaughn who beat him up.”

“Well, Vaughn could’ve gotten hurt,” I said.

“The burglar could’ve escape by the time the police came,” she told me.

“Nikolas knows the police, they don’t come late,” I answered. I couldn’t believe she was trying so hard to be right in this argument.

“Well, they didn’t arrive when the thief was here! That has to mean something!” she yelled. She didn’t care if she woke anyone up.

“Maybe he didn’t actually call the police, to protect Mom,” I was running out of points in this argument, but I couldn’t back out now.

That’s ridiculous! Dad already told me about the police’s criminal policies!” Candace screamed.

“Face it! You’re stubborn! There’s no point in arguing with you!” I stormed out of the bathroom, using one of the tricks I learned in journalism; don’t apologize, just make your foe look crazy.

Screenshot-1644While I was in the kitchen drinking tea the next morning, I heard Candace write a song.

I’m more or less unemployed now because of my band,

And now I only feel good when I drink,

I just wish somebody would give me a hand ,

I’m not an alcoholic; I’ll write it in ink.

So please help me get out of this break,

Will someone save me from drowning in this lake."

I felt bad about our fight from the night before. I’d be nicer to her if I knew she was going through a mid-life crisis. So, I decided to pull some strings using my show and throw a concert tour for her. The second she found out…

Screenshot-1645 Amanda and Brighton started training her.

“Quick! Lose those pounds! Your belly fat is showing!”

“You can’t go around stage looking like you're expecting, can you?”

“What? Are you hiding watermelons in there or something?”

I heard these chants come from the home gym. Yikes. I wish I didn’t make my parents become psychotic about losing weight. Screenshot-1650 And the results showed. Her new tour featured skimpier outfits, more dancing, and lots of performance changes. The newsroom was circulating with reviews.

“Candace Timberson: From Parenting to Popstar”, an article on Candace, was featured everywhere. Her band became a household name again. She was ecstatic to perform and make new songs.

Screenshot-1653Mom and Dad sometimes switched hobbies. Even if Mom was the bookworm, she sometimes would play a video game and Dad would sometimes get a book to read.

Screenshot-1656 Daria once was telling me what she thought of my job. She said “Writing for a career? That’s crazy!”.

Screenshot-1657Vaughn got a promotion and soon became known as “Brighton’s Successor” in the emergency room. Good thing Dad wasn’t there to hear!

Screenshot-1664 Screenshot-1665Something was wrong. I could tell. Was it a burglar? Were the kids alright? Could it be maybe Mom or Dad…?

 

Screenshot-1667Screenshot-1668Amanda passed. She died near the easel, one of her favorite objects.

Screenshot-1660

I woke up every morning sobbing and mourning.

Screenshot-1670 And Candace had her ways of dealing with this….

Screenshot-1671 Like telling her nephew about how much she misses her mom.

Screenshot-1677We moved Amanda’s portrait and remains downstairs with Alice and Billy’s remains. Dad wasn’t happy to see this, because he knew his portrait would be with hers eventually.

Screenshot-1678 On a lighter note, I finally achieved my lifetime wish.Screenshot-1690 Here’s a picture of Bijou’s clan. Bijou’s still alive, her daughter is a doctor, and Alysia is now a teen.Screenshot-1691 The whole family was affected by Amanda’s death.

Screenshot-1692 Screenshot-1698

Screenshot-1695Screenshot-1702  Of course, Vaughn had to ruin that moment…Screenshot-1703Screenshot-1704  Screenshot-1707 I decided to go over to Corey’s house and try to break the news. I was amazed to see him in a doctor’s uniform, and chubby. What happened to the thin boy who loved to fish?

“Hey, Corey. I know we’ve had our quarrels in the past and all, but I think it’s time we put our differences aside. Mom…” I couldn’t even finish that sentence, because of how much I sobbed.

Oh.” was his only response. He was shocked.

Screenshot-1710 After a quick intervention, I helped Corey re-evaluate his life, and started training him to help him lose weight and settle down. He was still with that Jeanine girl from high school. I guess true love does last. Dad was right.Screenshot-1713 Dad still talked with Barbie. We decided to get all the Timberson graves, and keep them together, because there’s no bond stronger than a family bond. In our house, anyway.Screenshot-1716 Daria and Devon were tense with each other on the bus one morning. Daria would be graduating, with a boyfriend, good grades, and a plan in life. Devon was shy with decent grades, and no real plan or anything. He just went with the flow. Daria knew that her graduation would destroy the only bond she had with her cousin, and she didn’t know what to say.Screenshot-1717 She came home in a nervous mood that day. Normally, she’d be texting her friends, talking with Erich, or even just sitting down and daydreaming about her future, but today, she just felt strange about the future, now that it actually was coming. Would it go her way? Would it treat her well? Screenshot-1721She blew out her candles nervously.  Screenshot-1724 She didn’t know what to expect, how she’d look like, or anything. She just wanted to get over with the changesScreenshot-1726

Screenshot-1727 She decided to make her highlights red, and spice up her wardrobe, because to quote her ‘Nobody would hire the brunette nice girl, next door’. I remember her taking music theory and piano lessons, so why would a person in her symphonic music career need a personality? I remember people hired me twenty years ago with my bubbly blonde personality, and my bikini body, but… Hey, they didn’t ask to hear my musical abilities for the audition. Cassie was right after all, mainstream music is about image.

Screenshot-1729

Daria quickly got a job in the music industry. That calmed her down, for a bit. Screenshot-1728 With my niece growing up, I realized how much I still wanted to be a mother, with Devon’s graduation near. I wasn’t tired of parenting yet, and I wanted a little girl. Someone who could be a role model for others everywhere, and be a positive effect on her community. So, Nikolas and I went right to work…

Screenshot-1734 And the next morning, the morning sickness and the feeling of life inside me told me I was expecting. Screenshot-1735 My maternal instincts, combined with my cravings, led me to cook, 24/7.

Screenshot-1737 “Hi Grandma! I’m having a child! But don’t worry, I’m married this time!” I told Alice. I emphasized on the last part, because of her Hopeless Romantic nature.

Screenshot-1739 Daria was practicing as much as she could. She hated being a fan. The more experienced workers were bossing her around frequently, and she hated it.  Screenshot-1731And Vaughn started training random fat Sims. This girl’s name is Lorena.

Screenshot-1742Now that we were expecting a child, our marriage was going by better.

Screenshot-1745 And here’s Lorena again. Ew, her shirt doesn’t fit. D:

Screenshot-1746 This is how she looks after. Vaughn really helped her lose weight. Her clothes fit better, now!

Screenshot-1748 Nikolas saw me eating a watermelon one day. He laughed at how I was stubborn for other stuff but believed that consuming certain foods could determine the gender of our child.

Screenshot-1749  “I want a daughter to bond with. Someone to give more than just teddy bears. Someone who won’t be pushed around by others”. I told Nikolas. I knew he didn’t understand my reasons, but whatever.

“Oh, that’s interesting. Are you resting enough, too? Eating alone won’t give you a healthy newborn.” Nikolas responded. He seemed genuinely interested in the child.

Screenshot-1752  I painted more, since I was on my maternity leave. Those are so boring. What do they expect me to do for 4 days? There’s more than enough Sims in the house to take care of the baby, and there’s nothing on television. I should be grateful, though. I heard they’re cancelling shows in the studio, and I could just use the baby as an excuse to keep my show on. Screenshot-1754 Meanwhile, Daria started gardening more. She was a green thumb, after all.

Screenshot-1756 Screenshot-1757 Screenshot-1758

And Vaughn continued his ‘career’ as a personal trainer. Devon started training one of the Simovitches, too!Screenshot-1759 “OW! Nikolas, it’s time!” I felt like crying. This whole process would be painful, even if it was my second time having a child. And Nikolas could only stand there, telling me “It’s okay, honey. It’ll be over before you know it.” doesn’t help.

Screenshot-1760 

I decided to drive his car from work, because there was traffic, and I needed to go to the hospital ASAP.

Screenshot-1763 Meet Daphne Timberson! She’s an evil genius.

Screenshot-1764

Nikolas and I loved her both, equally.

Screenshot-1765

And we interrupt baby spam with some more weight loss pictures.Screenshot-1768 Don’t go anorexic, Lorena! D: Screenshot-1774 Daphne enjoyed being alone. She had a mischievous little glance in her eyes.

Screenshot-1776 Nikolas came home late at night to take care of Daphne. His job gave him odd hours. She’d be woken up from her naps, and she disliked that.

Screenshot-1778 “Mommy loves you! Yes, she does! I wuv you! You’re ado-wible!” I told Daphne baby talk. She seemed to enjoy it. Until… ew! What was that thing that just came out of her mouth and landed in my hair?

Screenshot-1777 “Mommy’s not gonna wuv you if you keep on doing that, honey.” I told Daphne. I knew she wouldn’t understand me, but I didn’t want my child puking all over the place, especially me. Changing her diapers is already… memorable enough, but I didn’t want to become her personal maid.

Screenshot-1780 And it’s birthday time!

Screenshot-1787 Screenshot-1790 Makeover, please. :P

Screenshot-1791 She had long, golden flow-y locks. She looked mature. Screenshot-1793 She enjoyed dresses more than pajamas. I think my little girl would want to be a pageant girl.Screenshot-1796 And I’ll end this update with another Daphne picture. :D

So basically… Amanda died, Daria became a young adult, and Daphne was born, and became a toddler.

And…

Daria is heiress! Her new color will be this.

No comments:

Post a Comment